Hay naku! Huma-haiku

Ms. Elisa Cruz, my English and Filipino teacher in my junior and senior years, respectively, at San Sebastian College's high school department, introduced me to the Japanese poetry called haiku.
A haiku is characterized by three lines in a 5-7-5 syllabic structure.
Now, I decided to review my past tweets and posted them on my own blog.
I'm used to writing news and sports stories, but a friend of mine told me to sometimes get out of my comfort zone.
I'm not much of a literature or poetry kind of guy, so bear with me in my attempt to write haiku.

Daybreak
Gentle morning breeze.
Waking me up at this hour.
I went back to sleep.


Horizon
A bird takes its flight.
Free to widely spread its wings.
Soaring with the wind.


Meditation
Deafening silence.
Teach me to see the real things.
The world's true colors.


Night
Neighbor's dog howling.
Other dogs are joining in.
Disturbing my peace.


Setback
Humbled in defeat.
Choosing to do what is right.
Retreat and regroup.


Expectations
Broken, tired, weary.
No chance to become happy.
It's frustrated me.


Earth
Mankind or kind man?
We see only destruction.
Mother Nature cries.


Labor
My day's work is done.
Now, time to rest and relax.
Tomorrow again.


Inspired by Avatar: The Last Airbender:
Southern water tribe.
Where Katara lost her mom.
Powerful bender.


Zuko
Manipulative.
"I need to redeem myself."
"Get back my honor."


Muse
An inspiration.
One spark will ignite the flame.
Solving mysteries.


Serendipity
Tiny grains of sand.
Fate connects all of our lives.
Thinking in between.


Perspective
Life of each person.
We've our own stories to tell.
Roller coaster ride.


Joy
With each passing day.
Seconds. Minutes. Hours go by.
Aim for contentment.


Guilt
Turning back the time.
If you have lots of regrets.
Correcting mistakes.



Crossroads
Take the first step.
Each journey begins with it.
Traveling the road.


Kindness
Helping people's lives.
What goes around, comes around.
Paying it forward.


Doubt
Who, what, when, where, why.
Questions every people ask.
Searching for answers.


Destruction
Horrors of mankind.
Nightmares, haunt everyone.
Deafening silence.


Midnight
Neighbor's puppy barks.
Is restless at the moment.
Silence, back to nap!


Searching
Time to heal old wounds.
Rekindle bonds of friendship.
Leave the past behind.


Letting go
Lost souls find their way.
Return to your innocence.
Submit to freedom.


Ordeal
Bad dreams torment you.
Restless soul, no peace of mind.
Put away your fears.


Wrong
Evil things lurking.
Waiting to pounce on the weak.
Vigilance needed.



Light
Rising sun bows down.
Says goodbye for just a while.
Resting in the west.

Comments

  1. Hello Itnews4221. Nice to know that you've enjoying what I write. Sorry for tha late reply and for not updating this blog site for a very loooonnnngggg time. I'll try to come up with something. Been busy the past few weeks.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bishop Hagemoen challenges pilgrims to be Prophets of the New Millennium

Papal visit hopes to repair relationship with Indigenous Peoples

A letter to Tatay