Finish line in sight for Pinoy bet Que

Angelo Que (right) is in a good position to end his Asian Tour title
drought while Miguel Tabuena shoots for a maiden win. ROY DOMINGO

Only one round separates Angelo Que from ending a four-year title drought in the Asian Tour.

Que missed a 10-foot birdie putt on the 18th but an almost flawless front nine allowed him to hold a one-shot lead over compatriot Miguel Tabuena after three rounds in the $300,000 Solaire Open on Saturday at The Country Club in Canlubang, Laguna.

The 35-year-old, who was tied with Tabuena on top after Friday’s second round, settled for a two-under 69 for a 9-under 204 aggregate and hold a one-stroke lead over his 19-year-old rival, who submitted a 70 for a 205.

“Hopefully I can finish this off in the final round. It is going to be a challenging round. It has been windy for the whole week but I’ve been playing solid. I want to keep my game up and finally close the deal after four years!” said Que.


“We’ve played together (with Miguel Tabuena) on so many occasions. I just want to have fun out there with him again. Miguel never gives up. He just keeps on coming. He is young and reminds me of myself when I was young.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bishop Hagemoen challenges pilgrims to be Prophets of the New Millennium

Papal visit hopes to repair relationship with Indigenous Peoples

A letter to Tatay