The Captain and Me


I saw the PBA's only Captain (Alvin Patrimonio) during the birthday party of the son of fellow sportswriter Rey Joble.

Macky, my 10-year-old daughter who'll turn 11 on 11-11-2011 (Friday), took this photo that's why the picture is a bit blurry. Hehehe.

She egged me on to approach The Captain for a photo op after knowing that Patrimonio is one of my basketball idols and hard court heroes while playing for the Purefoods franchise in the PBA.

I was a Great Taste fan before the then Ayala-owned team joined the PBA in 1988. Who would not support the Coffee Makers back then? Brown, Caidic, Paner, Victorino, Adornado and Tuadles are some of the cage greats that donned the Orange and Brown jersey.

Too bad I missed the chance of chatting with The Captain, for I have to attend a previously scheduled engagement.

Comments

  1. Naalala ko ang mga panahon na naglalaro siya. May cards pa nga ako ng Purefoods dati. Libre pag bumili nanay ko ng hotdog.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bishop Hagemoen challenges pilgrims to be Prophets of the New Millennium

Papal visit hopes to repair relationship with Indigenous Peoples

A letter to Tatay