One winter night



This is a late post. I should have published this a few months ago but held back.

Whether seasonal affective disorder, AKA seasonal depression, or not, I was urged to write my thoughts one winter night, and the words flowed like a raging river:


Comfort me, my Lord.

My fortress of solitude

Touch my longing heart.


Humbly, I cry out.

Your spirit provides solace.

Rest for the weary.


In darkness, I dwell.

Wandering, lost, searching.

Trapped in silence.


Bound, shackled by chains.

Shall I embrace the darkness?

Or, wait for a sign?


Patiently, I wait,

Like Samuel in the temple.

To hear Your assuring voice.


Your grace gives me strength.

To quell the turmoil inside.

An unseen battle.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Philippines in Yulo fever

Pacquiao out to restore fans' trust

Pagninilay